Martin H. Eastburn

jim rozen wrote:

In article .com,
says...

system. An older airplane might even be tracking Loran or Omega.

I think LORAN is gone now, doesn't exist anymore.

Jim

I think it could be, but shouldn't be. Most planes, ships, and people use GPS.
There are risky times however when the Sats get blasted by a SUN plume or burst.
If many are lost - regions would be gone. I suppose picket ships could be sent
out - but there are many places around the world.

I know some people what might know - a LORAN station was a couple of miles from
where I lived for a while - mid pacific. United States Coast Guard manned that and
the other sites. Wonder if they still live there.

Hum - the site that they built the birds in the sky was several miles from my
old house.

Small world in many ways.

Martin

--