Don

turn the unit on and use a quality thermometer and measure the temp of the
air at the inlet /return to the unit and then at the discharge/supply outlet
to the room. subtract supply from return temp and.. taaaaddddaaaa
Don

"Ranger001" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi I bought a Frigidaire Window Air Conditioner (FAL124K1A1) in 2001 @
$400.00. At first it worked fine but then, last week it demised. It was
under warranty and was repaired. However since it came back it seems
not to cool effectivly & quickly like it use to. the tech says its ok
but I think different. My question what formula can I use to see if the
unit is working properly? What tools can/do I need/use? I wrote to
Frigidaire and they replied: ".....This is a 12,000 btu unit; it should
have a 20 - 25 temperature rise across the coil. Difference between the
incoming and out blowing air." What does this mean? What does "across
the coil" mean? Please advise, Thanks!