eastcoastguyz

Thanks to Travis and everyone for posting.

I'm a newbie. I admit, I never had a wood floor before, so I don't
know what to expect what this means if it is soft. I was told by the
salesman that you can see the dents more easily in American Cherry. But
what size dents are we talking about? Is this something really easy to
see and looks really bad? I'm thinking that if it was that bad, no one
would be offering American Cherry for flooring. Anyone care to share a
digital photo of an American Cherry floor that has been dented or
scratched so I could see what this is all about?

I was also warned that it would turn a deep red over time, up to one
year, and that to not put down any throw rugs for at least six months,
cause if you put them down right away and decide to move the rugs, the
color won't match. I was told also that it can take time for the
covered floor to catch-up with the rest of it in terms of changing
color. I guess if over a year, it finally is all one color that's ok.
Anyone care to share a digital photo of an American Cherry floor just
installed and then turned this deep red? If no one has a photo to show,
what other wood does this deep red look more like? Thanks!

Travis Jordan wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:
It is soft, relatively speaking.

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/har...r/hardness.htm