I have recently aquired a Sony CMT-SD1 "Jewel" mini system which works
well with the exception that the display does not work. It seems a
beautifully made system which really does sound superb!. As the display
was not working when I got it, I am not sure if it is LCD or LED. Could
the problem be a simple bulb change (if it is LCD)- or new
board/display. I assume that if the display needs replacing, it may not
be cost effective! Any help or advice would ne appreciated. Please
email me direct on
- thanks Dave

A question in the group means an answer in the group. Why not open the
unit up and see if it has a lamp? It almost certainly has one, so once
you open it up, replace it as well.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.