Big D

Default New Combi Boilers and Old Toilet...

"IMM" wrote in message

"Big D" wrote in message
Good Morning all,

I've just had a new combi boiler put in by those ever so nice British

Gas
people, however we have one problem with it....

Whenever we flush the toilet it starts to fill up the cistern and when

it
has finished there is an almighty bang (its more like a VOOMF than a

BANG).

It is quite scary for our cats but its also annoying and worrying...

At the moment we have a mini float valve in the cistern, is that up to

the
job? it is the original valve from when the house was built over 20

years
ago?

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem please.

Sounds like a shock arrestor should be installed on the mains pipe.

According to the chap who came round from BG thats whats making the bang,
its when the cistern is full and cuts off the water supply, the sudden stop
caused the bang.