Leo Lichtman

"Bob May" wrote: (clip) Take the number of watts that the speaker is rated
for and divide by 8 for the amps of current that the speaker uses and you
may be supprised at how much current that the speaker uses (clip)
In order for that to be true, 8 would have to be the volts at rated power.
Where did you get that figure? By any chance, did you use 8 because it is
an 8 ohm circuit? That wouldn't be right, then. If you want to work with
the power formula with the figures that are known, use P = I^2Z, where Z is
the speaker impedance of 8 ohms. So P = 8I^2, or I = square root (P/8).