Andy Hall

Default New Combi Boilers and Old Toilet...

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:05:58 +0100, "Big D"
wrote:

Good Morning all,

I've just had a new combi boiler put in by those ever so nice British Gas
people, however we have one problem with it....

There's your problem right there.

Whenever we flush the toilet it starts to fill up the cistern and when it
has finished there is an almighty bang (its more like a VOOMF than a BANG).

It is quite scary for our cats but its also annoying and worrying...

At the moment we have a mini float valve in the cistern, is that up to the
job? it is the original valve from when the house was built over 20 years
ago?

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem please.

Absolutely. . Is the sound coming from the boiler or the cistern
or the pipework?

You've already paid a lot of money for BG to do this (their pricing is
generally top of the range), so they should fix it.

Regards

Dave

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl