Christopher Tidy

Default Using twist drill in magnetic drilling machine?

Hi all,

I've been thinking about buying a magnetic drilling machine for a while,
and recently I've seen a few at affordable prices on eBay. I need one
for drilling steel plates which are too big to fit in my drill press,
and also for drilling frameworks which must be drilled after they've
been welded together for reasons of alignment. I've seen Rotabroach
cutters in sizes from 6 mm upwards, but suppose I want to drill a 3 mm
hole? Can I fit a Jacobs chuck and a twist drill to a magnetic drilling
machine?

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy