Brian Lawson

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:38:08 GMT, "William Wixon"
wrote:

well, when i googled it i went directly to the article, just now when i
tested the link it asked me to register.
the article from another source,

Worker Falls Into Vat Of Molten Lead

(Wallkill, NY) AP 08/18/05 -- A worker was killed when he fell into a vat of
molten lead at an Orange County company.

State Police say Jose Sartillo, 24, of Middletown worked at the Revere
Smelting and Refining Corporation in Wallkill.

Police say Sartillo was working near the smelting kettle when he fell in at
about 1:00 a.m. Wednesday and was severely burned over his entire body.
Orange County Coroner Tom Murray says death was probably instantaneous.

He says the lead was 9,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hmmmm.... I don't think so..............

Lead
Atomic Number: 82
Atomic Weight: 207.2
Melting Point: 621.43°F

Boiling Point: 3180°F

Density: 11.342 grams per cubic centimeter

So, much more likely a decimal displaced in the article.

The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating
how Sartillo fell into the vat.

"William Wixon" wrote in message
molten lead alloy...

in my local newspaper.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/...8/revere18.htm

(i apologize if this is inappropriate and sensationalist.) (is pretty
incredible though huh?)

b.w.