Winston

real address posted wrote:
I'm hoping that the metalworking community can help me out. I no
nothing about this subject but would like some advice.

Help these folks out with a couple pictures, would be my advice.

Here's how. Tape a ruler next to the part in question (and the
part that broke off) and snap two or three pictures (various angles).

Upload the pictures to the metalworking dropbox using the procedure
shown in: http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox.html

Repost your question, referring to the photo's URL (for instance):

"Hi all.

Could you please look at:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/broketerminal.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/broketerminal1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/broketerminal2.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/broketerminal3.JPG

and tell me how to fix this myself?"

From what you've said so far, I expect that you need to use freeze
mist, some penetrating oil and a 'left hand drill' to shrink and back
the broken part out of the assembly. Match the threads with those from
a cut-off piece of brass machine screw and a nut.

Don't laugh, look at the bottom of page 2281 of the McMaster catalog for
the proper size bit that you use with the drill motor *in reverse*.

http://www.mcmaster.com/ Search term: left hand drill

--Winston