Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:18:11 +0400, the opaque "Gil HASH"
clearly wrote:

Hello for all metalworking men ;-)
The newbie's strange question of the day :
in many web links some lengths are in inch and there is no problem to
convert them in millimeters (for me)
but some dimensions are notified by a number - so I've seen a drill bit with
#45 or #57
Can you give me the way to calculate them (in inch) ?

There are 25.4 millimeters to the inch, so convert the inch fractions
to decimal inches and multiply. E.G. 1-3/4" = 1.75" x 25.4 = 44.45mm.

There is a drill chart (and tons of other neat stuff)he
http://www.engineersedge.com/Calulators_Online.shtml

Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!
http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design