Pete

Where are you located?
If in Vancouver try KMS Tools in Coquitlam, Sharpe Machine Tools in North
Vancouver , Fraser Machinery in Surrey , Thomas Skinner & Sons in Richmond ,
OTP Machine Tools in Vancouver , Friesen Electric in Abbotsford or Buffalo
Machinery in Burnaby and of course as you mentioned Busy Bee in Coquitlam.

Pete

"JonJonJon" wrote in message
oups.com...
(Sorry for the repost, my news server never carried the original
message)

Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a small metal working lathe for hobby
use. Something around 8 to 10" swing over bed by 15 to 20" between
centres (seems like a good size for a small machine).

I can easily get my hands on a Craftex brand lathe distributed by
BusyBee tools (anybody have an opinion on them?), but I'm having a hard
time finding other retailers that offer similar sized and priced
machines in Canada. Shipping from retailers in the US seems too
expensive (not including customs).

Would anybody have any good retailers and or brands to recommend
that are easily available in Canada?

Thanks very much!
Jon