Keith Adams

All of the guitars I make are chambered black walnut. I chamber out
everything I can and still retain their structural integrety. I leave
about 3/8" of wood around the edges for a good area to glue to. I
leave a strip down the middle the width of the bridge. I remove the
wood after the bridge because no force is exerted after that point.
Besides cutting down on alot of weight it adds sustain and the tone is
nice. No F holes. With a good string through or tuneomatic bridge and
a nut made from something besides plastic(bones good) they really sing.
I've made a couple of 3 pickup guitars that weighed just a bit over 4
1/2 pounds.
IMO its the only way to build one. If you do something similar I think
you'll be well pleased with the results
Good luck.

"Tony" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:23:19 GMT, (zz) wrote:
its for chamberd body electric guitar

That's something I've often contemplated doing. Do you have any
thoughts or plans on the chambering that you are able to share?

Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email)