Default Help a non-metalworker?

I'm hoping that the metalworking community can help me out. I no
nothing about this subject but would like some advice.

I broke the speaker binding post on a very expensive and very heavy
subwoofer (A Wilsong Audio Puppy) The post is about 3-4mm diameter. I
can't remove the piece that is still embedded in the speaker because it
is soldered in and the circuitry is inaccessably potted. To ship to the
manufacturer and have them fix would be very expensive.

I'm thinking that my solution may be to drill a core and tap both ends
of the broken pin and connect them with a (conductive) headless bolt.

Would my local machine shop be able to do this and how much should I
expect to pay? I'm on the San Francisco peninsula.

I still get electrical contact when I insert the pin but I'm not happy
with this solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. email replies greatly
appreciated.