Mike O'Donnell

Thanks. It's pretty much what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure I'm
not missing something. We just moved in a few years ago and are planning
to stay for a long time, and I didn't want to do something either dangerous,
or it's going to give me problems down the roadl.

- Mike O.

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
you're perfectly fine as long as your not inside the plenum
"Mike O'Donnell" wrote in message
t...
I'm planning to run two new 15 amp circuits from the basement up to the
second floor of our 36 year old house. These will be used for general
outlets and a future whole house fan. I've found a first floor wall I
can run it through, but the space between the studs currently has a metal
heating duct in it. There is enough space next to the duct, but is it
acceptable (and safe) to run standard romex along side a residential,
forced air heating duct? The wire wouldn't be attached to the duct, but
it would be within an inch or two, and probably touching it in several
places. I wouldn't think the temp would be a problem; it would be
nowhere near the 90C temp rating of the wire, but I wasn't sure if there
might be any long term effects on the wire. It would be along side it
for about 10 feet.

Just to make it clear, I am NOT talking about running it inside the duct.

Any information would be appreciated.

Mike O.