Sacramento Dave

"Don" wrote in message
Any recommendations on wood burning fireplace insert makers? Any brands

avoid.

Recommendations, comments, suggestions, etc appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

Our old house we bought a Buck stove insert.(1992) It took a 24" log and

had the heat circulating fan.It was top of the line cost $1900. The one
reason I bought you did not have to re-flew the chimney, That can get into a
bit of money. The only problem I had with it the fan motor broke the first
year. Short version. The fireplace shop said the motor had to be oiled once
a year, It says that in the owners manual. Got him off guard held the manual
said show me. So I oiled the new free motor once a year, 45 min Job. That
might a question. After about 10 years the door catch was getting lose. the
Brass was wearing out. But there is nothing like the heat of a wood fire it
outweighs the whole pain in the ass firewood