Tom Miller

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:25:44 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

| "david" wrote in message
| news | we've had the kenmore stackable front loaders for near a year now.. I'll
| never go back to a top loader. the washer and dryer both are much more
| efficient. Of course, we make sure there are no kids inside when we use
| them.. geesh!!
|

| When did the first front loaders come out? I recall my mother replacing the
| old wringer washer with a Bendix front load about 1950 or so.

My parents bought a new house in 1947 with a Bendix front load
"builder installed." I recall that it was bolted to the floor in a
corner of the kitchen, and when it went into its wringer cycle at the
end it shook the room -- that's why it was bolted to the floor I
guess. My mother loved it; her first automatic washing machine.