PipeDown

wrote in message
ups.com...

Speedy Jim wrote:

Doesn't sound like venting, as you discovered the vent is clear.
Main line clogged or else the septic field is blocked/waterlogged.
The tank is always full of liquid; that's the way it works.
The spillover goes out to the field.

Jim

Thanks for the reply, Jim. The field is not wet at all and recently my
neighbor had to dig up their field because of roots...they had a
noticeable liquid problem in their case.

So, it must be a clog in the main somewhere. I attempted to get the
cap off the septic tank to try to snake from that end, but I cannot get
the plug out (I need a crowbar). The clog must not be a complete
blockage because lately, the backup has not occurred during flush
tests, but rather if a large amount of water is put through (i.e.,
laundry).

Thanks,
Dave

You're better off snaking downstream rather than up, that way when you get
the clog, you don't get soaked.

You can snake from any sink, toilet or bathroom drain or even the roof vent
if you cannot find any additional cleanouts on the main line.

Harborfreight tools has a cheap full sized snake that costs about the same
as a plumber visit. HD also rents full sized units.

Spend a little time trying to diagram the plumbing and the location may
become obvious.

Acid will work but it is about the most dangerous method available and if it
dosen't, you end up with a worse mess.