CR

wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife just bought an instant hot water unit for the kitchen sink and
I have a question about the wiring.

There is currently no outlet to plug the unit in under my sink
(Standard 3 prong plug) and the clearance is quite tight under there
for me to put an outlet, so can I do this:

On the other side of the wall is a receptical. Can I remove this outlet
drill a whole into the kitchen cabinet, and hardwire the unit directly
to this receptacle (Then replace the receptacle). I will have to cut
the end of the plug of the water unit of to do this and want to make
sure that this is not dangerous to do.

Thanks,
Felix

How about Just running romex out of the box on the other side of the wall,
through the wall and install a box on the other side of the wall under the
sink. Run the romex into the new box, put an outlet in the new box and plug
the heater into it. Clearance may be tight to work in but that would be the
proper solution.

CR