Choreboy

tom wrote:

I roofed for 20 years, and 6/12 is one of those "gotcha" pitches. You
get complacent and comfortable, then you're sliding away on loose
granules. When I said _need_it, I meant all your 230 lbs..With some
snatch force! If possible, some roof jacks and 2x6's at the eaves are a
nice way to go. Tom

I've got jacks. Is it important to nail them over rafters? Are the
nails put under shingle tabs? What size nails?

The nighttime temperature has been 75. Next week it may go down to 62.
That suggests a low enough dew point for me to endure working on the
roof during the day. For now I want to do a section five squares,
bounded by two ridges and two hips.

When I get a chance to reshingle the other side of those ridges, I'll
have to pull the nails in the Dow Corning Rigid Roll ridge vent and I
suppose renail in the same holes. Will the decking hold the nails
securely the second time?