Andrew McKay

Default OT: Speed cameras (Was: New Electrical Regulations)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:00:34 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Anyone can drive fast. It takes a responsible person to drive safely.

I agree in principle with what you say. However driving slowly does
not equate with driving safely.

On a motorway for example, what is the safest speed to be driving at?
70mph? 50mph? Neither - it's the speed of the rest of the traffic. If
you aren't going at the same speed as the rest of the traffic then you
are either (a) going too fast or (b) going too slow. And slow drivers
relative to the rest of the traffic on a motorway are a PITA.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk