larry g

I would have to ask.. Is this the front gate for a fancy house or the back
gate to the pasture? Square tube or round? Do you have to fishmouth the
pickets to make it nice or crimp to do a butt weld? In our country your
looking at $75-$150 for a ranch gate about that size. It also bears to ask
if this is for family, friends or just a customer? If your dealing with
galvanized material then your dealing with poisonous fumes while welding.
Are you being provided with good specifications so that there is no room for
the customer to come back on you with problems?
lg
no neat sig line

"Emmo" wrote in message
I have been asked for a bid on a 4' x 9' metal gate. Very straightforward,
1 1/2" tubing frame with 3/4" pickets every 5". Plus hinges and a mount
for an opener.

I have helped make gates for a friend's ranch before, I have a good MIG
setup, and I am confident I can do a good job on this. But what should I
bid?

I am in Austin, Texas, if it matters.

Thanx!

__