Ulysses

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message
In the process of my neighbor's development and sale of some property
adjacent to ours, a new water main was installed, and now appears one of

our
corner survey stakes is gone due to excavation, trenching etc...

Actually he's a pretty good guy, and a new road was put in at considerable
expense just so I would no longer have to share my driveway...given that

an
abandoned easment has gotta be worth something.......and even though I did
pay him a sizable portion of money to help share the cost of the new
driveway...

Any suggestions on what might be the best way to handle this before I even
get in contact with him about the need for having said survey stake

replaced
???

TIA

--

SVL

My corner stakes are a PVC pipe but there are also steel or bronze pipes
buried in the ground next to them. I don't think anyone is allowed to
remove the buried markers, at least not where I live (Riverside County CA).
If you poke around a little or have a metal detector maybe they are still
there.