Speedy Jim

Hi,
Today we started to hear gurgling in the lower level toilet, the sink
and the kitchen sink.

- There is no observed problem with water draining.
- The septic tank was cleaned within the past 18 months (2 adults, 1
child in a 4BD house that I believe has a 1000gal tank)
- I thought it might be a vent issue, so I ran a 20ft snake down the
vent and did not hit anything (house is a tri-level, so the vent
exposure is about 2 1/2 stories up)
- Rank 20ft snake into lowest level toilet (where gurgling is heard and
where it backed up enough to overflow onto the floor) and seemed to hit
something but got through it

Still the gurgling is heard when the clothes washer runs and it backed
up a second time.

Tomorrow, I will attempt to snake from the septic back into the house.

Is it basically a vent/blockage to the septic issue (i.e., am I on the
right track)?

Thanks,
Dave

Doesn't sound like venting, as you discovered the vent is clear.
Main line clogged or else the septic field is blocked/waterlogged.
The tank is always full of liquid; that's the way it works.
The spillover goes out to the field.

Jim