James Salisbury

"Hzatph" wrote in message
We have a newly installed RCD that trips in a very puzzling way. Let me
explain.

We have two separate consumer units. One has a split load RCD and supplies
the back of the house - it has never tripped. The other is an older "fuse
wire" consumer unit with 16 circuits supplying the front of the house. It
is protected by an RCD on its incoming feed and it is this RCD that trips
several times per day.

There is no single cause that trips it - sometimes it is a light,
sometimes the computer, etc. What is really puzzling is that the TV can
trip it. The TV is in the back of the house fed from the other consumer
unit and therefore is not even supplied through the troublesome RCD.

The RCD has been checked with an RCD tester and it passed OK.

Any ideas? Our electricians are baffled.

Thanks

Check that the RCD is not too sensitive,
check the insualtion been the tv ariel cable and N as well as E. Check there
is no N / E reversal