Nick Müller

Emmo wrote:

But what should I bid?

I calculate it this way:
Coarsly add all the steel you need and look up the weight in a table.
Multiply by 2$ or 2.50$ for every kg (2 pounds) to get the cost for your
material*). Get the price for hinges (I like weld on hinges, they are
very cheap) and other hardware. Add extra 10$ for screws etc.

Then look at the frame how many welds there are and how complicated the
thing is. In your case, I guess you have to drill and countersink some
holes for the pickets. Steel pickets? You know who much work it is to
weld them nicly on?

You could make such a frame in about 2 hours (w/o pickets) if you don't
have to think about every step. And if your saw works precisely. :-)
Don't know what you think a fair price is, but if you more or less work
for the fun of it, 20..25$ are OK. Add an extra hour or two for getting
all the stuff you need.

Painting?
Do you have to fit it?

*) Don't know your prices, but with the prices for steel going up, this
may be wrong. Calculate 30..50% more then you pay. If the steel is a
uncommon profile you won't use in the near future, bill him the full bar
and keep the rest as your profit.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models: