AKA gray asphalt

I'd really like to see a pic of the hamocks.
I'll check out drfostersmith.com. Thanks.
This is for a hall in my house. We don't let
the cats outside any more since one got
hit by a car. : -( A couple of our cats are
kind of like the one you described who
had been abandoned. One is a rescue kitty
who was flushed, or rather someone tried
to flush him, a couple of ferals who are more
than normal now and one who's tail just seems
to hit everyone at the wrong time and is very
unpopular. She hides most of the day.
Thanks for responding. : -)

"Pop" wrote in message ...
It's good you added the text. If you'd really like some
comments, here are mine:
IMO cats are more communal in nature than this setup. There is
also limited access to the houses themselves for any but an adult
cat in good health. A cat with a temporary sickness wouldn't be
able to get access and, truthfully, I think they would consider
it a boring place to go.
There has to be something communal added perhaps with hammocks
and clawing posts, protrusions to explore, things like that.
I have a cattery outside our bedroom window for our 5 cats;
they come and go as they please and spend a LOT of time out there
in the open. It's full of ledges to climb, carpet hammocks to
sleep in, hanging carpet threads to play with, a couple of catnip
mice here and there.
In all I've only ever had three cats that preferred their own
"aparment", and they were orphans left to die by their mothers
for whatever reason only nature understood. Each defended their
"apartment", usually a closet shelf, ferociously.

Personally I think you need to add a lot more interest and better
access to the top layer, which should be open for them. If
you'd like some ideas, drfostersmith.com has some good and some
great but huge cat platforms etc. available, including big areas
like you're considering. Lots of other sites to ge ideas from
too.

HTH,
Pop

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
:
: I added some text because someone said they weren't sure
: what this does. Thanks : -)
:
:
: "AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
:
: At www.goodideamyfriend.com there is a picture
: of a proposed cat house, for real cats. : -0
: Would you give suggestions please? The verticals
: are carpeted, ie to be carpeted and the holes in
: front are to put food in. If it is a bad idea. let me
: know so I don't waste my time, especially if you
: have experience with cats.
: : -)