Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

"Baxter" wrote in message
"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover""

wrote
in message ...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
"Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun wrote:
But then most tea is bought in teabags, so teapots
seem to be getting rare...

You can still use tea bags in a teapot. The idea of putting one in

cup
is much newer than tea bags themselves, and a disgusting way of

making
proper tea.

Well, I get the feeling that anything having to do with tea here in

the
'states' hasn't agreed with Brits since we dumped it overboard into

the
Boston harbor. ;-)

Now the big kick here is to promote green tea as having healing
capabilities because of the antioxidants in it. As far as I can

see,
it'd take at least a gallon of it a day to do any good.

I don't drink either, but I also get the feeling that most 'Merkins
drink coffee and think that tea is for sissies.

Well, there's some of us Americans that appreciate good tea. Do note

that
Portland (OR) has at least two tea companies creating their own blends

of
tea (Tazo, The Tao of Tea), and several teahouses. (note that

Starbucks now
owns and sells Tazo).

Personally, loose tea is better than tea bag tea - though there are

some
very good bagged teas (like from Tazo). Twinnings tea is utter crap -

on a
scale of 1 to 10, Twinnings Oolong is a -2.

Lipton loose black tea is ok for every-day use, but I can get just as

good
black tea at a local Asian market for less than a quarter of the

price of
Lipton.

One of the ladies at work is from Hong Kong, and brought back a round
donut sized cake of tea from there. She gave it to me and I gave it to
my cow-orker, and told her that she should only use a pinch of it. She
didnm't listen, and used a more generous amount and learned her lesson.
It was waaaay too strong!