CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Tom S wrote:
If anyone knows of more relevant newsgroups to post this to, we'd
appreciate the info.

We're trying to find an uninterruptible power supply (~1000VA or
more) for a quiet environment (residential living room). Which
means the unit must not have any fans, buzzing noises etc while it's
operating, and above all else, must have an option to disable any
audible alarms it might have.

We've been searching for a month and haven't found anything so far.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Tom

I use Cyberpower's OP850. its got boost and buck, windows and linux
software. Simulated sinewave. They have larger models and probably
different lines that have true sinewave if you need that, but since
computers run on DC it shouldnt be an issue. Alarms can be disabled
through software, and can be tested through software. The 1500 has a
hardware test button.

Its dead silent when running on a/c, i havent tested it when running on
battery. You probably want the OP1250. check www.pricewatch.com or
www.pricegrabber.com. Got mine from www.newegg.com

--
Respectfully,