Rex B

carl mciver wrote:

The odds are firmly in favor of the flyer. I want to say 200 times more
in your favor, or some similar figure. Why some idiots drive around with no
seatbelts on yet refuse to fly in an airplane is completely beyond me. The
fellow I knew that was worst about that actually built 747's with me!

( stuff snipped)
Bang for the buck. If it's expensive for the
airlines, it'll be expensive for you too. When you can't afford to fly, you
drive. When you drive, you increase your odds of dying by some 200 times.
Ask yourself this question: In the US last year, how many people died in
airplane accidents? How many died in car accidents? There you go.

Since airplane travel is always over 5 miles, and statistically most
accidents happen within 5 miles of home, that's not a realistic
comparison