Joey

Default Is this the best type wire/method to use???

Hi all,

I'm running electric to a new shop building underground for about
185 feet. I'm considering using aluminum tri-plex #4 or #6 inside
1" PVC buried about 2 feet. I'll be running a 120V air compressor,
an arc welder, and a 120V window A/C but not all at the same time.
The reason I'm looking at the aluminum tri-plex is the cost which
is .70/.85 cents a foot in my area. Is this the best and least
expensive way to do this job ? I'm doing it myself so I'm not
worried about code but I will have sufficient breakers on both
ends. Any suggestions/ideas please ?

SW Georgia