PrecisionMachinisT

Default Neighbor dug up one of my survey stakes

In the process of my neighbor's development and sale of some property
adjacent to ours, a new water main was installed, and now appears one of our
corner survey stakes is gone due to excavation, trenching etc...

Actually he's a pretty good guy, and a new road was put in at considerable
expense just so I would no longer have to share my driveway...given that an
abandoned easment has gotta be worth something.......and even though I did
pay him a sizable portion of money to help share the cost of the new
driveway...

Any suggestions on what might be the best way to handle this before I even
get in contact with him about the need for having said survey stake replaced
???

TIA

--

SVL