No

if I remember correctly that vacum break is to keep water from your hose
from pushing back into the house. Disconect your hose, run some water, shut
off valve. See if it still leaks. If it does it could be defective, if it
doesn't then it may be working as designed. What a pain huh? If its working
as designed and you are not pulling permits and such see if you can get the
old style somewhere and install that. Your problem will go away.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I was hoping someone has run into this problem before. My
father-in-law recently installed one of those outdoor frost free
faucets/sillcocks but there is a problem. It has the valve on the end,
the spigot, and vacuum break on top. Here is a pictu

http://www.houseneeds.com/Shop/plumb...efaucetbuy.asp

Well, from the first time that I used it a lot of water has been coming
out of that top vacuum break. I tried tightening the nut/capon the
break but it did nothing. Is the fauct broken?

Thanks,
Joe