Ulysses

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Want to go back and buy me a couple?

My brother-in-law told me a story about when he was working at a tire store
they were trying to replace a light bulb and they kept exploding whenever
they turned the light back on. It turns out they were using these 12 volt
bulbs in a 120 VAC lamp.

I think the bulbs are still available. I found a supplier a few years ago
but never actually bought them cause the one I have still works. Just now I
found 8 12 volt trouble lights on eBay, 6 are Buy-It-Now. $3.99 on up.
Some have absurd shipping though.

Wow, look at this one:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...58&mfrcode=VTI
&mfrpartnumber=0800255

I don't know how much shipping is but it's only $1.56 and a lot like the one
I have!

Auto Zone has a picture that looks exactly like the one I have on their
Vehicle Repair Guides logo on.www.autozone.com/ Mine is yellow plastic
which I like. When I drop it the light bulb doesn't break.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Ulysses" wrote in message

wrote in message
Does anyone make a trouble free trouble light?

I have a 12 volt trouble light I bought at Pep Boys about 25 years ago.

It
still has the same light bulb in it. It clamps onto the battery. It's

only
about as bright as a 50 watt bulb but it always works. The bulb looks

just
like a standard 120 VAC bulb.