Lee

Default Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Temperature too high

Lee wrote:

I have a hotpoint mistral FF92 fridge freezer. The temperature in both
the freezer and the fridge has been climbing and falling continuously
between -22 to -11 and +4 to +20 degrees respectively over the past
couple of days. Although today, the fridge is just sitting there at
+20.

I've cleared all the fluff that had collected on the condensor behind
the kick plate and tried it with both compartments 1/2 full and 3/4
full. It's been stood in it's current position for over a year.

It's making all the usual noises except there's no cold air coming
through the vent in the top right corner of the fridge.

Since we have a Mistral also, I kept a note of some previous posts
Ours is a 8596 with the LCD display, but I think they are all similar.

Check the evaporator thermistor;
(on the 8596, remove the fan cover in the freezer compartment and then
the back panel and the thermistor is cable tied to the evaporator coil).
It should read:

@room temp approx 3Kohms
@0 deg C approx 9K ohms
@-20 deg C approx 26K ohms.

There are two other thermistors, but this one is apparently the one that
usually fails.

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.