Michael A. Terrell

Baxter wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

have you ever tried Sassafras tea?

Yep. Reminds one of Root Beer. I think I have some in my cupboard - but
it's too old and has lost its flavor.

For real sassafras tea you go out early in the morning with an ax,
and find the sassafras plant. You cut off some of the roots, rinse the
dirt off and use a very sharp knife to shave thin layers off, then boil
the root in a tea pot. It was one of the best things about visiting my
grandparent's farm as a kid. It was even beter when the sap was down in
the roots for winter, and the flavor was at its best. After that, I
have never really liked any other teas.

Have you tried Jasmine Pearls? I usually make a large pot - 40% Jasmine
Pearls, 60% loose black tea. Pour in the boiling water and watch the Pearls
unwind. Taste is at least twice as good as what you get at the best
oriental restaurant.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida