Doug

"Tom S" wrote in news:grhNe.7204$Wi6.5234
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

We're trying to find an uninterruptible power supply (~1000VA or
more) for a quiet environment (residential living room). Which
means the unit must not have any fans, buzzing noises etc while it's
operating, and above all else, must have an option to disable any
audible alarms it might have.

Do you mean no noise while it's on battery? If so, that's asking a lot.
Just how bad is your power that it's going to matter? I've never seen one
that's silent on battery and if one does exist it's probably going to be
extremely expensive. Low end units buzz, high end units have fans.

The ability to disbable the audible alarm should be easy to find in any
configurable UPS. Something like the APC SmartUPS or BackUPS series.
Probably not the super cheap ones you see around so much. The BackUPS RS
is available in 1000 and 1500VA models. The SmartUPS are a little better
since they have sine wave output.

Putting the UPS in a closet or something would be your best bet if it must
be silent at all times.

Doug