George

"john smith" wrote in message
Hi guys

Been a while since I've been around - got lots to keep me occupied. Got a
question about electricity. Want to run some wires in my shop and was
wondering... In 110volt you have a live wire and nuetral wire, this is
also single phase. In 220volt is there 2 live wires of 110volt each that
act as the others nuetral. Or does is it have two 110volt phases running
in one wire with a nuetral wire. And are both phases in phase or out of
phases.

Rather than risk a short-circuit between brain and fingers, I'll give a URL.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ic/hsehld.html