No

Why are you guys giving Sue a hard time?

Sue - Most likely the screw that holds the handle to the faucet stem is
under the decorative granite thing. Look for a way to get it off. Its NOT
likely glued in place by the manufacturer. Look around all sides of the
handle for any type of hole, even very small. It could be possible that the
handle screw is what's called a set screw and uses a special wrench called
an Allen wrench. These would come in from the side, not the end, under the
granite.

Now - what's the worst that can happen if you pry of the granite. It breaks
into pieces and they have to get a while new handle or replace the whole
faucet? You can figure out any negative effects, if any, on your
relationship.

"Sue" wrote in message
Having replaced the washer in one of our taps in our shower at home this
now makes us experts in the eyes of our friends who have called upon us
to help them do the same for their leaky shower tap.

However, the shower has 2 square taps, both of which have a stylish
little piece of granite glued on top of them. Am I correct in assuming
that this needs to be removed (it's going to take a hammer and a chisel
to do so) to get at the cap nut underneath to remove the tap? There
doesn't seem to be any other obvious way to remove the tap but maybe I'm
missing something.

So do I have to pry off that granite bit?