Default LCD monitor internal power supply repair

Hi,

I"ve got a Northgate 17" LCD monitor who's warranty expired the 4th and
just gave out on me! Go figure - 15 days after the warranty dies...

I have isolated the problem to the internal power supply but need help
determining the exact problem.

THe problem is intermittant. When the problem does occur, the 100 uF,
400 Volt capacitor buzzes. At first I thought it was the capacitor (on
the ac incoming (primary) side. But I think the capacitor may be just
reacting to a fluctuating power level - maybe from a bad step down
transformer. I desoldered the capacitor and plugged the monitor in. It
buzzed - but only once - as opposed to several times with the capacitor
in place.

Any suggestions or ideas to look would be appreciated.

Much thanks.