bz

"James Sweet" wrote in
news:yGSMe.18888$Rp5.2710@trnddc03:

"Eric" wrote in message
If the hard drive works at cold temperature, it looks like the circuit

board
has cold solder joints. I will try to re-solder all solder joints on
the circuit before put it into fridge.

That's not what the freezer does, getting the drive cold affects the
properties of the IC's themselves as well as it can change the physical
alignment of the mechanical portion of the drive slightly. I've had some
luck with the freezer trick but I've never found cold solder joints on a
drive.

It also causes differential shrinkage of bearings, etc., and could unbind
something that was stuck.

--
bz

infinite set.