Clive Long,UK

Default Glue PVC(?) to uPVC

Hi.

I need to attach some curtains to uPVC windows.

The window frames are new uPVC

The rails are extendable aluminium rods with a "Hook and socket"
arrangment at the end. The "hook" is on the end of the extendable
rail and the "socket or eye" has to be fixed to the window frame.

The rails are carrying net curtains with light weights at the end
(the intended use of the rails).

The rail was supplied with self-adhesive foam pads. However, these
are not strong enough to hold the rail to the uPVC frame.

I have tried various glues (Bostick and Copydex) and other pads -
such as self-adhesive Velcro - but eventually the "socket" "peels off"
the uPVC frame and the whole setup falls to the floor in an untidy
heap.

I tried sand-papering the surface of the "socket" (Surface 1.5cm by
2.5cm) to try to get a key for the various glues to adhere to - but
did not improve the situation. The socket becomes detached from the
window frame in minutes or hours.

Anyone succeeded in fixing these rails to a uPVC frame and can
pass on the suggestion?

Thanks

Clive