bridger

Bay Area David wrote:
I doubt you are taking into account how your arms would move during the
split second of shock you would feel when there is an explosive
kickback--the sudden noise and movement could cause you to involuntarily
move your hand into a dangerous spot--namely the blade. THAT'S why I
continue to insist that dragging a board through from the rear isn't
such a hot idea. Obviously we disagree on this point...

Dave

the danger reflex is to pull your hands in close to your body. if you
are in front of the saw reaching over the blade, that would put your
hands through the blade. if you are behind the saw, pulling a rip
through, the danger reflex moves your hands away from the blade.