Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
LRod wrote:

I used the tablecloth example, not to illustrate that the cloth needs
to be pulled just right--that's irrelevant in the analogy. The real
analogue in this situation has to do with inertia. The fingers
gripping the wood and the wood suddenly and swiftly pulled away.
Twisting and lifting has nothing to do with it. It is utterly
impossible in the pulling scenario postulated to grip a piece of wood
in such a way that one could hang onto it if it was suddenly and
swiftly jerked away. Try it, away from the saw.

Have you ever played "tug of war" ? (Personally I see nothing wrong
with pulling a board from the back of the saw under certain
circumstances)
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland