David

lgb wrote:

In article ,
says...

WRONG! Pulling with your hands is more dangerous than PUSHING with a
pushstick.

WRONG! To quote someone I read. When pulling you are utterly out of
the line of fire of a kickback. When pushing you are in the line of
fire of a kickback. That fact alone makes pulling less dangerous than
pushing.

I've got a pair of the anti-kickback wheels on my rip fence. They hold
the board in place while I walk around to pull it through. No way is
that board going to pull my hand into the blade, the wheels only allow
about 1/4" of backward movement.

And since they hold the board down and against the fence, "kickback" is
just about impossible - "pushback" is as bad as it gets, and as I
said,that's limited to about 1/4".

I once considered those, but I do too many narrow ripping operations for
a push stick to clear the wheels. Otherwise they look like an effective
safety addition to a TS.

Dave