SonomaProducts.com

Yes, use what are called Table Irons or Table Buttons or Figure 8's
like this
http://www.wwhardware.com/catalog.cf...op%20Fasteners

Use an appropriate sized Fostner bit to sink a shallow hole in the top
of the apron for the larger diameter end of the button to sit in. You
can make it a litte deeper than the thickness of the button if you
like. Make sure the hole breaks out of the inside edge of the apron,
just a bit. Put the button in the hole, countersinked side up and screw
the button down to the apron (most of them are countersinked on
opposite sides at each end).

You can go with as few as 4 buttons. I like to put one near each end of
the longer aprons. You can also place them wherever you need them to
help pull any cup out of a glued up top. Be sure to place them where
you will have easy access from under the base. For instance, if I am
not careful, I always put them exactly under a drawer rail and can't
get to them to screw them in.

Now place the table top on your work bench, face down. Place the table
base on top of the upside down top. Now you'll see the countersinked
side of the smaller end. Use very short screws and your done.

The buttons can twist in their holes so they take up any
expansion/contraction. Don't worry about how hard you screw them down,
the wood will move them where it needs to.

BW