Matt

"TonyK" wrote:

I've got a worn patch on a car seat side bolster. Its only 3 years old but
out of warranty and the only option is to repair ensitu (replacing is
impractical due to extornionate cost!).

Is there a DIY product I can use to resurface the leather? Its a matt black
finish so no colour matching needed its just getting it to blend in with the
rest of the side panel thats the issue.

Any suggestions?

Gliptone ( liquidleather.com ) or the woolies refurb kits
( woolies-trim.co.uk ) will work if its just a scuff and not a tear.
If you send a small sample of your leather from under the seat they
will match it up.

A seat that has been retreated by either of the above products - I've
used both over the years look like new - bodges using boot polish,
saddle soap or wax type products are a waste of time.