Kenneth

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:22:46 -0500, No Spam
wrote:

I'm curious if there is any consensus on the use of the magnetic jointer
knife setting jigs? Are they helpful? Worth $50 for the metal-bodied
one? Or $30 for the plastic one?

I have a Delta 37-190 jointer, BTW.

Thanks!

ps: search Amazon look for Delta Magna-Set or Woodstock Jointer Pal to
see these items

Howdy,

I use an Hitachi Jointer-Planer that came with a set of
magnetic jigs set in plastic.

They make the knife setting chore trivial. Accurate setting
takes only moments, and there is no feeling that "I wish I
had just a few more hands..."

Beyond that, I don't know what to advise.

All the best,
--
Kenneth