David

mogura wrote:
I was doing this with some pine I was ripping down.
When I got to the core the wood was quite weak. The saw grabbed it and shot
it across the room. Wow. I was surprised. But then again I was on the other
side so my heart was hardly beating any faster. It did NOT suck me into the
saw.

This discussion is silly. People pull wood through tablesaws all the time.
It is no less safe than pushing it.

-j

"LRod" wrote in message

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:23:27 -0700, "J" wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:18:13 -0700, David wrote:

think about this: which way is a piece propelled during a kickback?
Would you want to have a firm grasp on a board that is going to be
forcefully ejected towards the front of the saw, dragging your hand
into
the blade because you have chosen unwisely to PULL a board through?
DOH!

See my response to your other post.

Think yanking a tablecloth off a fully set table.

I'd be hesitant to do this with a short board, but I do it all the time
with
longer pieces of wood.

I don't think anyone suggested this with a short board. I certainly
didn't and wouldn't.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

WRONG! Pulling with your hands is more dangerous than PUSHING with a
pushstick.

Dave