Mary Fisher

"dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:29:10 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:21:36 GMT, dave wrote:

Does anyone hate pigeons more that I do? Impossible! Their stupid cooing
sounds,

Personally I hate them and their stupid noises.

Why are their noises 'stupid'?

Late folowup but... I don't think you are fully in tune with the spirit of
this
posting :-) but if you must take every word literally how about this:

One or two - or ten calls wouldn't be too bad. But often they go on and on
dozens of times. It's the repetitiveness and the distance it travels I
don't
like. They blow so hard sometimes the sound goes into another mode of
resonance.
Go on, tell me they do that by intelligence :-) I guess that's the limit
of
their repertoire.

Yes it is, that doesn'tmake them stupid.

This pausity

paucity

of melodic sound is another indicator of their
stupidity.

Explain why if you want to persuade me.

Yes I know these factors are there for obvious purposes - but I
haven't got to like it. Now take a blackbird. In the evening when it's
doing it
banal territorial din it's horrible.

Why don't you live somewhere where there are no birds?

However take a sunny afternoon and just
listen to those beautiful sounds from the same bird and the melodies it
makes.
Pretty damn good I think.

It's the same noise.

Crows and Magpies are as equally horrible as pigeons, sound-wise - but not
as
disgusting in their habits.

er - why?

And as to their navigational abilities, do you think they conciously fly
along
fully aware of what they are doing! Of course not, it's a programmed
reaction -
just like breathing. It is an amazing ability but don't attribute it to
their
intelligence for goodness sake.

What evidence can you provide of your intelligence versus programmed
reactions?

Mary